Help make the Takoma Park 5K Challenge a success!
We need your help for:
Race Packet Pick-up on Saturday, May 6:
- Packet Pick-up (assist in shifts that run between 12:30-6pm at the Takoma Park Community Center) – Volunteers organize packets for pick up by runners. Packets include t -shirts, promotional materials and race bibs. Accurate record keeping is required. PRE- REGISTERED RUNNERS.
Race Day on Sunday, May 7
- Help out at the race location, The Takoma Park Community Center from 6am until approximately 10:30am
- Registration – Volunteers will register new runners and organize packets for new runners. Packets include t-shirts, promotional materials and race bibs. Accurate record keeping is required. NEW REGISTRANTS
- Refreshments: Volunteers set up the refreshments for post race activities and maintain order during post race.
- Start/Finish: Volunteers assist the race management company with the operation of the start and finish line. On site training provided.
- Course Marshals: Course Marshals will be stationed on the course to direct runners and report issues.
- Fun Run/Youth Run: Volunteers will assist Fun Run/Youth Run Director with corralling participants, starting and finishing the races and handing out prizes.
- Clean Up: Volunteers will make sure the Community Center and environs are left in good condition
To volunteer, please contact Kate Schofield